Listen to verbumveritatiss Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

01 January 2011

Reflections on 2010...The world at large.

a. The beginning and the end we're exactly the same.

The way that the year began is something I'd rather forget or put behind me. Well, so much so I'm not even going to mention it.

I was reminded of a particular cross that my friend has to carry the other day. It brought me down seeing him suffer in this way. (I ask that you pray for him). To see my friend being taken advantage of and used...reminded me of a few years ago when I was in a similar situation as him at the exact same place. In all things providence, and if there's not a cross, then it's not the right place.

b. Justin Bieber, the Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus..

Seriously, I just wish they'd disappear off the face of the earth. All of them annoy me, I want to punch all of them in the face. (I know it's totally not Christian, but they all deserve it). Ya know how some people just have the "it" factor. They're apart of it. And some of you may ask, how in the world did a JB song make it to my playlist above? Answer, the very Catholic tone of the song in praying for the dead. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. 2010 was the year of Bieber, no Bieber fever for me :D

c. Rachel's Confirmation

 I was humbled and honored to be the Confirmation sponsor for my friend Rachel. She's a teenager who reminds me that not all is lost with the next generation (just the majority). I'm ridiculously humbled that she'd choose sinful me to be her sponsor. It is a privelege to watch her grow in her faith and grow as a person. Seeing her transition from Catholic school to public school is a grace. I love her and am willing to do anything for her well being. A spiritual child to me. <3

d. The Zero, The so called govenator and politics in general...

The Zero probably needed a teleprompter to tell him today was the beginning of the new year. Of course he also needed it to speak to 6th graders. The arrogance of the guy puts that kid who knew it all at a new level...That know it all kid doesn't seem so bad now does he? People are seeing what happens when liberalism gets out of control and put an end to it rather quickly.

e. My 2 biggest challenges...

Writing a letter forgiving my ex best friend of her wrongs was difficult. The wounds that are on my heart are difficult to heal. But where I lack, the grace of God takes care of what is missing. Trusting God is a difficult thing, and I pray for the grace to continue.

f. No regrets

In all things providence, in all things, love. I regret not anything that has happened. All the things we go through we go through them for a reason.

g. What I"m looking forward to

The new challenges that come with a new year. I look forward to the growth of my friendships and my love for God. I ask for your prayers.

Pax vobis.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your freedom of expression is limited. Discuss topics with respect and you'll be good.